IDAA Annual Meeting/TMF Caduceus Retreat 2019
July 31-August 4 (Caduceus Retreat: August 2-4)
Knoxville Convention Center
701 Henley St, Knoxville, TN, 37902
The 2019 Caduceus Retreat is changing months and locations this year. It is being held in conjunction with the 2019 Annual Meeting of IDAA (International Doctors in Alcoholics Anonymous), scheduled July 31-August 4 at the Knoxville Convention Center. The Caduceus Retreat segment of that meeting will be held August 2-4.
Agenda & Program
See the IDAA program agenda. The first event of the TMF portion of the meeting is the traditional Newcomer’s Meeting, scheduled for Friday, Aug. 2, at 7pm in the Lecture Hall in the Knoxville Convention Center. On Saturday, our participants will be attending IDAA CME and programming events. The final required event is the IDAA Spirituality Brunch from 8-10am.
This year’s registration process is a bit different, due to the merging of our regular Retreat with IDAA’s annual meeting. Please find step-by-step instructions and link to registration and room reservations below:
Step 1: Obtain TMF Discount Registration Code – Deadline: June 25
- To obtain discount codes for the TMF Caduceus Retreat rate of $199, you must fill out the online TMF application form in the link below. Your information will be reviewed and once approved, you will receive your codes for registration and CME discounts via email.
- If you are asking for need-based scholarship, please include all pertinent information in the designated area of this form. Scholarships are limited and are first-come, first-served, depending on eligibility. If approved, you will be notified and receive your scholarship registration code by email. We are grateful to mention that this year’s scholarships are generously underwritten by the Knoxville Academy of Medicine Alliance (KAMA).
- If you are attending the entire IDAA Annual Meeting, the discounts will not apply. Likewise, if you have teens or children attending their portion of the meeting, you will need to register and pay for them at full price on the IDAA Meeting web page. See Step 2.
- **Please do not share your codes with anyone, including fellow TMF participants. They are being tracked to avoid unauthorized use. Everyone must apply individually.**
Step 2: Register – Deadline: June 25
- Once you receive your TMF Discount Registration and CME codes or TMF Scholarship code, visit the IDAA Annual Meeting Registration Page and click on the orange “Register” button at the bottom, or go directly to the link below to register.
- Select the “Regular Registration” option; you will have a chance to enter your discount codes later on the form.
- Select “Spouse/Adults Registering Separately” to include your significant other ($199 per person) if they are also attending.
- Be sure to select the Spiritual Brunch on Sunday; attendance is required as part of the Caduceus Retreat. Select other optional items at the end of the process.
- Select and pay the applicable CME certificate option and cost. If attending the entire IDAA meeting you will pay an additional $160 for your certificates; if you want CME credits for the TMF portion of the meeting (Saturday only), you will pay an additional $50; this is not included in the $199 TMF meeting rate.
- Plug in your special TMF codes at the end of the process to receive your registration and CME discounts, and pay the amount owed.
Step 3: Book Hotel – Deadline: July 10
- IDAA has negotiated special room rates with two hotels, Holiday Inn Downtown Knoxville ($129 per night), and the Hilton Knoxville ($130 per night). These will go fast so be sure to book as soon as possible.
- Visit the IDAA Lodging page for descriptions and links to hotel reservation pages, or call the hotel directly and mention “IDAA” to receive the special rate.
During the Meeting
- The Caduceus Retreat portion of the meeting begins Friday at 7:00 p.m. with the traditional Newcomer’s Meeting, located in the Lecture Hall of the Knoxville Convention Center.
- On Saturday you can choose any of IDAA’s events and activities, including Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses. You will need to pay the appropriate fees ($50 for Saturday-only CME; $160 if attending the entire IDAA meeting) during registration to receive your CME certificates.
- The Caduceus Retreat portion of the meeting officially ends with the IDAA Spiritual Brunch on Sunday; attendance is required.
- For details, visit the IDAA Annual Meeting Program page, or contact IDAA meeting staff. See the program agenda here.
Don’t forget to have some fun while you’re in Knoxville:
- Remember to go to the Farmers’ Market on Market Square on Saturday morning!
- Remember to rent a kayak or paddle boat at the marina and spend some time on the Tennessee River!
- Remember to go into the Great Smoky Mountains for a hike and beautiful views!
- Remember to go to the Tennessee Theatre and see what a $25 million restoration looks like!
- Remember to walk through the World’s Fair Park (and bring your bathing suit)!
- Remember to visit with some of the friendliest people in the world!
So sign up! It’ll do you a world of good!
Contact TMF Administrator Mike Todd at 615-467-6411 or email@example.com.
Visit the IDAA Annual Meeting website.